|Special Note to All Applicants Regarding COVID-19|
In view of the COVID-19 situation, the University has implemented corresponding infection control measures in hostels to reduce infection risk. Residents must be fully vaccinated, except for those who are not vaccinated for medically substantiated reasons.
Please refer to P.3 of “Notes to Applicants 2022/23” for more details.
Eligibility of Residency
1. Full-time Non-local Research & Full-time Non-local UGC-funded Taught# students
If the number of applications is more than the number of vacancies, lots will be drawn in order to decide the priority of residency.
2. Full-time Local Research & Full-time Local UGC-funded Taught# students
If applications outnumber the set quota, priority of residency will be decided by applicants’ travelling distance between residence location and CU campus.
# UGC-funded taught programmes include Master of Architecture, MSSc in Clinical Psychology, Postgraduate Certificate in Laws, Postgraduate Diploma in Education and Postgraduate Diploma in Education (Primary) and only UGC-funded students can apply.
Students Not Eligible for Residency
1. Self-financed Taught programmes or Part-time programmes students
2. Continuing students (extending beyond the normative period of study)
In view of the current shortage of hostel places, no on-campus accommodation can be provided for these students.
Applicants should prepare the below documents for the application:
1. CUHK Student Identity Card or Admission Notification
2. Recent passport size photograph (40mm x 50mm)
3. Residential address proof showing applicant’s name within the last 3 months (for local applicants)
4. A personal cheque / cashier order / bank cheque for HKD 2,000 payable to “The Chinese University of Hong Kong” for application fee
Eligible students may tender your application via this online form:
|Online Application for Residence at the Postgraduate Hall 2022/2023|
First-Round Allotment Deadline: 21 April 2022 (Thursday)
Application is accepted throughout the year. All applications submitted after the deadline of 21 April 2022 will be defined as “Late Applicants”. Late applications will be processed after the on-time applications.
After submitting the online application, the print-out of the auto-reply email and the cheque should be sent to JCPGH 1 / JCPGH 3 / PGH 4 office by hand or by registered post / express to the following address:
General Office, Jockey Club Postgraduate Hall 1,
The Chinese University of Hong Kong,
Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong.
A confirmation email will be sent upon receipt of your application materials. Applicants may then wait for the first round allotment.
Announcement Date: 26 May 2022 (Thursday)
Please refer to the Schedule for PGH Allotment 2022/2023.