The following timetable only applicable to applicants who tender application on or before 20 April 2023.
|23 February 2023 (12:00 noon)||Online Application for Hall Residence the Postgraduate Halls begins|
|20 April 2023 (5:00 p.m.)||Deadline for “Application for Residence at the Postgraduate Halls” via e-application
E-application form is suspended and will be reopened on 7 August 2023.
|24 May 2023||Announcement of Allotment List (with hall number and room type) and Wait List on webpage
* No individual notification will be issued.
|30 May – 31 May 2023 (12:00 noon)||Application to form roommateship for successful applicants (Optional)
– Application form will be available on “Forms” of the PGH webpage on the said date.
– Applications may fail due to insufficiency of vacant shared rooms.
– Submission of application form by deadline (link to be activated by 30 May, 10:00 a.m.).
|6 June 2023 (9:00 am – 10:00 am)||Drawing lots for roommateship
– Applicants who have applied to form roommateship (shared room applicants) may draw room numbers in the JCPGH 1 Office (first-come-first-served).
|13 June 2023 (9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.)||Drawing lots at the JCPGH 1 Office (Optional)
– All current residents and new applicants can draw their own room number on 13 June 2023 at the JCPGH 1 Office.
|20 June 2023||Announcement of Finalized Allotment list of successful applications (with hall number and room number) on PGH webpage and notice board.|
|Starting from 20 June 2023||Accepting Offer
– Sucessful applicants will receive offer by email individually and have FOUR days to accept the offer.
– Non-acceptance of the offer will result in the offer being withdrawn.
|24 June – 26 July 2023||Current residents move to newly allotted rooms
– For current residents who fail in applying for 2023/24 residence, they have to move out before 17 July 2023 12:00 noon.
|1 August 2023||Official Check-in Date for new residents
1 August 2023 (Tuesday), morning session ONLY,
from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm, at G/F Lobby, JCPGH 1
1 August 2023 (Tuesday), morning session ONLY (for JCPGH 3 residents ONLY),
from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm, at G/F Lobby, JCPGH 3
1 August 2023 (Tuesday), afternoon session ONLY (for JCPGH 2 residents ONLY),
from 2:30 pm to 5:00 pm, at G/F Lobby, JCPGH 3
PGH 4 – 6
1 August 2023 (Tuesday), afternoon session ONLY,
from 2:30 pm to 5:00 pm, at 1B Common Room, 1/F, PGH 4
Please bring along (1) one recent passport size photograph and (2) your student I.D. card/HKID card/Passport/Admission Notification, to the respective hall for hostel keys collection.
– Early check-in is not accepted. Requests for check-in deferral should be made to PGH Office via the online form (link to be activated by 4 July) in advance.
|1 September 2023||Official Check-in Date for new residents (September admission)|
For details, please refer to “Note to Applicants 2023/24”.