Eligibility of Residency
1. Full-time Non-local Research & Full-time Non-local UGC-funded Taught# students
If the number of applications is more than the number of vacancies, lots will be drawn in order to decide the priority of residency.
2. Full-time Local Research & Full-time Local UGC-funded Taught# students
If applications outnumber the set quota, priority of residency will be decided by applicants’ travelling distance between residence location and CU campus.
# UGC-funded taught programmes include Master of Architecture, MSSc in Clinical Psychology, Postgraduate Certificate in Laws, Postgraduate Diploma in Education and Postgraduate Diploma in Education (Primary) and only UGC-funded students can apply.
Students Not Eligible for Residency
1. Self-financed Taught programmes or Part-time programmes students
2. Continuing students (extending beyond the normative period of study)
In view of the current shortage of hostel places, no on-campus accommodation can be provided for these students.
Applicants should prepare the below documents for the application:
1. CUHK Student Identity Card or Admission Notification
2. Recent passport size photograph (40mm x 50mm)
3. Residential address proof showing applicant’s name within the last 3 months (for local applicants)
4. A credit card (VISA/Master/China Union Pay) or QR code (Alipay HK/CN, WeChat Pay) for HK$100 application fee
Eligible students may tender your application via the following form starting from 23 February 2023 12:00 noon to 20 April 2023 5:00 p.m. (Hong Kong Time):
|E-Application for Residence at the Postgraduate Hall 2023/24|
Application Deadline: 20 April 2023 (Thursday) 5:00 p.m.
- Applicants will receive 2 auto-reply emails after submitting the e-application and successful payment of application fee respectively.
- E-application will be re-activated from 7 August 2023 to 31 January 2024 for applicants who missed the above deadline and want to be waitlisted.
The list of successful applicants and wait list shall be announced on the website on 24 May 2023 (Wednesday), applicants will NOT receive individual notification of the results.
Application for Forming Roommateship (Optional): 30 May 2023, 10:00 a.m. – 31 May 2023, 12:00 noon
The finalized allotment list (with room number and room type etc.) shall be announced on the website on 20 June 2023 (Tuesday). Applicants on the list will receive offer via email individually and have FOUR days to accept offer and pay HK$2,000 reservation fee.
Rolling allotments will be made at the end of each month starting from late-June subject to hostel place availability. Applicants who are allotted a hostel place will receive offer via email individually.
Please refer to the Schedule for PGH Allotment 2023/24.